Tabs for Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

After fighting as hard as I could ....

Jason Morgan and Samantha McCall aka JaSam has won me over again and I am officially back to shipping my second all-time favorite GH couple.

Sonny and Brenda will always be my favorite couple no matter what Guza does or did to destroy their love story, but JaSam was always a close second.

I never wanted to love JaSam again after the SOS simply because they destroyed each other. Jason lied to Sam about being Jake's father, Sam watched Jake be kidnapped by distraught mom Maureen, Sam hired a couple of goons to scare Liz with her children in the park, Jason threatened to kill Sam and the list goes on and on.

I honestly began to fall in love with LuSam because I thought JaSam would never happen again and Lucky didn't treat Sam like a doormat, unlike Jason. Then it happened. Slowly, JaSam began working their way back to each other.


First there was the night at the hospital during the toxic ball story arc when Sam shot Jason in the arm. They fed off each other and their chemistry was apparent, but I still tried to fight it off.

Then of course Mexico happened - they oozed sexiness and chemistry while Sam tended to Jason's wounds, they made love for the first time in years and of course the hysterical scene in the truck with the radio!

Again, I was skeptical because I didn't believe that Jason would put Sam first or that he wouldn't shut down like he always does at the first sign of a crisis.

Then there was all the squishy stuff again, the night they made love at the Penthouse and a shirtless Jason carried Sam as she straddled him down the stairs only to find a room full of people - again pure sexiness and chemistry exploded onto my screen. And then the night of SpiXie's non-wedding - again sexiness and chemistry but I still didn't want to get sucked back in because I hd a feeling Jason would return to being well, himself - a shut down, completely unemotional jack ass.

But finally, after everything that has happened, it was only a few lines that completely sucked me back in.

Jason said to Sam, "After all the damage we did to each other, why didn't you just write me off?"

and when he told her she was "perfect, except for the cooking." Again, I was squeeing with glee because it was all smooshy and squishy, it was vintage Jasam. I don't care what anyone else says, I have never seen Jason smile the way he does with Sam with anyone else! I never have and at this point I probably never will.

I just hope Garin Wolf gives Sam the independence that she deserves and simply doesn't become all about Jason again. Sam is a strong woman and needs to continue to challenge herself in order to keep growing.

And please let them get married before they have a child!!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog! Welcome back!! and welcome back to being sucked in to the wonderfulness of Jasam! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks! It's great to be back :)

    I didn't want to be sucked back in to the wonderfulness of JaSam - but they did it!

    thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete