Tabs for Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Death of Jacob Martin Webber

Okay, first let me preface that I don't condone any violence having to do with kids in any sense of the word, BUT I love this story arc for many reasons!

First, it truly is a story that can and should affect MOST if not the ENTIRE cast in some way shape or form.

Secondly, if a child had to get hurt or die, Jake in many ways is the perfect fit for the part. I know many may think that is completely heartless, but Cam has no real ties to half the families in Port Charles like Jake does and the truth about Aidan's paternity is going to be a huge story in itself.

So with that said, Jake is the one that had to go. I do have a question, when in the world did they change Jake's last name from Spencer to Webber?!?!?

The story of a child being hurt or killed is never easy to view or for the actors and actresses to tell, but it does make for great drama and usually Emmy worthy performances.

Speaking of Emmy worthy performances. At the top of my list so far are Steve Burton's Jason and Jonathan Jackson's Lucky. The two of them have been so powerful on screen that they, not the story itself, have brought me to tears!

Once again, I saw absolutely NOTHING from Becky Herbst. I can't blame all the crap being spewed out of Liz's mouth on BH because well it's the writers that wrote it, but for the love of anything important, Liz just lost one of her son's to a brutal and unnecessary accident and once again all Becky can muster up is crocodile tears.

Steve Burton, who many have nicknamed his character "The Borg", showed more emotion without speaking a word, than Becky did. Thank God Becky wasn't wearing waterproof mascara or her tears would have been completely non-existent.


And what's up with the writers re-writing history yet again? It was Liz that asked Jason to give up Jake and allow Lucky to raise him as his own. It was Liz that told Jason his lifestyle was too dangerous for her and her boys. And then for the writers to have Liz make the comment "You chose not to be with me" was even worse. It showed that even during this emotional crisis - Liz only cares about one thing -- HERSELF!

She also said Jason never looked back, but if she knew Jason at all; she would have known the pain Jason has been carrying with him about not being able to know his own son. I mean crap, the writers even gave him a "BOX OF PAIN."

I'm going to catch hell for this, but I love the fact the writers had Sam leave the hospital and simply explain why she couldn't be there for Jason at that moment. It showed how much Sam has grown in the past couple of years. She left out of respect for Liz, nothing more, nothing less. But the haters will say Sam was being selfish. I guess I can understand their point, I mean I never give Liz the benefit of the doubt, so why should Sam haters?

I hate that the writers made Josselyn have cancer in this story because it's a little to close to the BJ/Maxie heart transplant story. Why can't the writers come up with something new and fresh? Having Jake die was enough, they didn't need to incorporate another transplant story.

I have to give props to Laura Wright. She was great in the scene when Jason told her Liz said no to donating Jake's organs.

We all know Carly and Liz hate each other and Laura did a great job in saying she needed to make Liz understand. Again, great emotions from a very talented actress. I really wish the one woman who needs to show emotions would. Maybe, just maybe if I felt she could act then I wouldn't feel like I got slapped across the face when TPTB decided to keep her.


I though Jason Thompson did a great job during his part of the story as well. Again, he's basically an outsider to the story, no real connection other than being Liz's friend, but he showed great emotion as the surgeon that couldn't save Jake. I felt for him. The only silver lining if you chose to see it; is Robin asking Patrick to come home.

I don't think they needed to kill Jake to allow JaSam to have their baby, but a lot of fans think that and of course that will start yet another fanbase war between JaSam and Liason fans.

Unfortunately for Liason fans, Robert Guza, JR himself said the story is JaSam and LL2 - not Liason. I don't think they killed Jake to take away Liason's connection, if anything the death of Jake should help all four bond even more, IMHO.

What are your thoughts on the story thus far? Who do you think had stand out performances?



No comments:

Post a Comment