Tabs for Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

When the shock wears off

Today's GH was a bit of a let down for me in terms of the Sonny/Olivia/Dante storyline.

While I enjoyed the show, I was a little disappointed with Sonny's reaction to finding out that Dominic was in fact Dante his son.

I was expecting him to have a ton of emotions running through him, yet we barely saw anything.

I know he's probably in shock about finding out that he shot his own son, I still wanted to see more. I wanted to see tears at the realization that he shot his own blood. I wanted to see anger at Olivia for never telling him the truth. Instead we saw Sonny as calm and collected. That is not how Sonny normally deals with these situations.

I hope TPTB have more in store for us in terms of Sonny's reaction. I for one find Maurice Bernard to be at his best when he's tortured and shooting his own son has got to make Sonny tortured.

I'm also looking forward to how the punk Michael reacts to the news that he has an older brother. Michael has been jealous of Dante since he started working for Sonny as Dominic. Michael has called him an "outsider" and made it clear that he, himself wants to follow in Sonny's footsteps. Not too mention it really has to hurt Michael to find out the one he has been calling an "outsider" is really Sonny's flesh and blood, unlike himself.

I really hope TPTB don't just make Michael and Dante best buddies all of a sudden. I expect Morgan to embrace his new-found older brother, but definitely not Michael.

This storyline has so much potential, I really hope TPTB don't blow it by just fluffing it over and forgetting about key factors in the storyline. Either way, I can't see how it all unfolds!

1 comment:

  1. This storyline has a lot of details in it that I hope the writers don't forget also. There is a lot to explore here and I really hope they make an effort to explore as much as possible.

    I was also disappointed with Sonny's reaction, especially since he was so quick to point the finger at Olivia. I never thought Olivia should have kept her mouth shut as long as she did because it always seemed riskier to me if she stayed quiet about the whole situation. However, no one forced Sonny to shoot Dante.One would think he would have had a little more compassion for someone who saved his life, Morgan's life, and Lulu's life the last few months, regardless of whether he was his son.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete