Tabs for Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Carly rocked, Warren got socked

Carly is a character you either love or hate and while I mostly love the character (except when TB was in the role) her performance today at Sonny's trial made me love the hypocrite even more!

Yes, I just called her a hypocrite, because like most every other person in Port Charles she is a hypocrite, except nine times out of ten the woman owns it. She doesn't pretend to be anything that she isn't. She's proud of her actions and calls herself out when she's wrong.

Carly Corinthos Jax was purely brilliant with the story she told on the stand. Ironically, most of what she said was true. The only difference being that Sam didn't show up and help her deliver the baby and it was Michael that saved Carly and Josselyn not Sonny.

I loved that TPTB actually used the real footage of what happened that night and didn't cut Claudia out just because SJB is on another soap now. TV shows, prime time or daytime generally don't use footage of characters that are no longer on the show. I applaud the writers, directors, editors and everyone else for using the original shots.

What I loved about Carly today was that she kept her cool even though Claire Walsh was trying to shoot holes in her story. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I see fear in Claire's face and hear it in her voice.

If I were a juror at a real trial, based on the facts of this case, I would believe Carly's compelling story and want to acquit Sonny.

I love how Sonny, as always questioned Carly's plan, but then rewarded her with not only his words, but his kiss as well. I may not be a CarSon fan, but they do still ooze chemistry together.


One man that should truly check himself is Warren Bauer. I was thrilled when Sam decked him in the middle of the PCPD.

I get that he's supposed to be grieving over his son and no parent ever wants to believe that their child is capable of being am abuser, but com'on man, verbally attacking the 17-year-old victim in her hospital room and then calling her a liar in her own home is not the right way to act, especially for an adult.


Alexis was absolutely right when she told Warren abuse victims often protect the one that's abusing them.

I actually had a roommate who stayed with the man that broke her nose, threw her down a flight of stairs and gave her two black eyes because she was in the shower too long on Super Bowl Sunday.

She actually, like Kristina, blamed herself for making him mad and said it wouldn't have happened had she gotten out of the shower sooner. This story that General Hospital is telling is very true and I'm glad they haven't just brushed it under the rug for another story arc; at least not yet.

When Molly went to Jason for help, I was nearly screaming at the TV. Molly is normally very smart and to have her go to Jason to "shut Mr. Bauer up" was very out of character even if she's just a 10-year-old.

I can't wait to see what Mr. Bauer does after Sam punched him; how the jury reacts to Carly's testimony and how Kristina deals with the emotional pain she is feeling. Her bruised body with heal, but her mental stability and broken heart is going to take a lot longer.

Again, sorry my posts have been so few and far between. I'm going to start blogging on a daily basis again.

No comments:

Post a Comment