Tabs for Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

If you tell the truth, why doesn't anyone believe you?

Dante actually completed his mission and served his, and I use this term lightly, half-brother with a subpoena to testify at his father's trial. I used the term "half-brother" lightly, because unlike Morgan and Kristina, Michael has absolutely no relation to Dante. They have the same father, but ironically Michael was adopted by Sonny and Dante never knew Sonny was his father until a couple of months ago. But, I digress.

When Dante called Sonny "scum" I wanted to jump through my TV and slap him and maybe it's my Sonny loving heart that's blinding me, but I can't help it. I accept Sonny, flaws and all. The man is a mob boss and in reality the mob on GH, up until Sonny shooting Dante point blank in the chest, was Mickey Mouse at best.

Again, I digress....

Michael began to confess to Dante that it was him, not Sonny that killed Claudia, but of course Dante didn't believe him. Just like Mac, Dante dismissed Michael's confession, until he asked for proof. You just knew that Michael keeping that shirt all this time was going to come back to either bite him or save him at some point.

I just wonder what Dante is going to do once he finds out the blood is in fact Claudia's and it was Michael that killed Claudia. Wonder if the new super cop is going to regret lying about his father shooting him when he realizes Sonny is innocent.

Ok, back to NuMichael. I have to admit in just two short days, even though I still can't get used to how deep Chad's voice is, I'm already starting to like this kid. I don't know, how is he growing on me so fast? Well, I have to agree with one of my devout readers Jenny.

Jenny said "Not taking anything away from DG, I think Chad will be able to bring more to the table as the Michael character. Just in those short scenes of yesterday, he already showed me a more wider range of emotional capability with nuances. DG was more of one note. Chad seemed to display a deeper emotional depth."

I agree with Jenny, Chad has brought more depth to the character already and he's only had two days of work. I'm not completely sold on him yet, because, well, he's still not Michael to me, but he is growing on me fast.

Side notes: How great was it to see Matt today and with a yellow feather boa to boot??? I was so thrilled! I mean seriously, had they used Matt since they aired the new credits? Nope, didn't think so. Maybe they had to show Matt because they are planning to start the Spin/Maxie/Matt triangle? What I don't understand is if Maxie wants danger in her life as she told Jason, on what planet would that include Matt?!?!?!? Johnny, I could see, actually I would welcome Johnny and Maxie, but Matt? Com'on, dangerous? No way!

It was great to see JaSam interacting today and in a playful, yet sensual way. Just because they both have different things going on in their lives does not mean we shouldn't get to see them interact. I mean if anything when a couple has a crisis they are going through, generally they rely on each other for comforting and support. It seems as though JaSam have been making decisions on their own without considering what the other thinks or feels. I'm glad that Jason let Sam know he didn't mean to hurt her when he decided to take the deal to go to prison that was offered to Sonny.

Ok, rant over for the night. What are you guys thinking about Michael? His confession? Dante's reaction? Matt and the yellow feather thingy? Anything and everything going on?

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I am glad that NuMichael is growing on you. I loved his scenes today :) I am now a huge fan of Michael whereas before he was always just a brat to me with anger issues. Today he showed such great brotherly love for Morgan by 'protecting' him and not telling Morgan that it was too late and that Dante is already there. He did it so gently that he made me go awwwwww....and then he switched to anger with Dante and yet at the same time, you could feel all his guilt about killing Claudia.

    On to Dante. I don't know. I can take or leave it with this character. Right now, he's annoying the heck out of me. He's so fixated about sending Sonny to prison, that he refused to believe Michael. I think you're right. He might come to regret that he lied and said that Sonny did not shoot him.

    On another note, Patrick's comment to Claire made me shake my head. How naive of him to think that if Sonny goes to prison, then his daughter will grow up safe w/o the mob presence. If Sonny goes to prison or is taken out, then another mob organization will sweep into PC and run the territory. That's how it goes. And it will be a never ending job for the PCPD to take down the mob. If the law was so good at taking down crimes and the mob, we would now be living in a peaceful world. And yet, the mob exists to this very day in the real world. One crime gone, another one takes its place. At least with Sonny around, Emma will be protected. After all, she is Robin's daughter, and Sonny takes care of the people he loves.

    ReplyDelete