Tabs for Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

NuMichael makes his debut

Chad Duell appeared on today's General Hospital with the familiar voice over "the role of Michael Corinthos ...."

I'm not sure what my take is on this kid yet; he hasn't been on long enough for me to judge him. But with that said, I don't understand why Drew Garrett was let go. This kid, I'm sure is going to be a fine actor, has too deep of a voice for his look. He has a baby face, yet his voice is almost deeper than Steve Burton's LOL.

I guess I'll have to wait and see how everything turns out with Chad. I almost always hate when soaps or any other show recast a character midway through a story arc, especially if said character is a main part of the story. That's exactly the case with Michael.

TPTB could have easily had Michael go somewhere anywhere when/if the truth about Claudia ever came out and had the "NuMichael" come on the show then.

Kind of like when they shipped Carly off to the insane asylum and had her reappear during the train wreck - you know when the recast Jennifer Bransford with Laura Wright.

But, like I said, I'm going to hold my judgement until I see what Chad can do with the character. I do wish Drew all the luck in whatever project he takes on next.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned his voice. I was shocked to hear that voice come out of him! I was like, what?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the NuMichael! I must be one of the few. Not taking anything away from DG, I think Chad will be able to bring more to the table as the Michael character. Just in those short scenes of yesterday, he already showed me a more wider range of emotional capability with nuances. DG was more of one note. Chad seemed to display a deeper emotional depth. I am happy with the NuMichael :)

    ReplyDelete